My name is Chris Brennan, and I’m a practicing astrologer from Denver, Colorado, USA. I was educated at Kepler College, where I focused on cross-cultural comparisons between the astrological traditions. I also spent two years studying at Project Hindsight, which is a translation project for ancient astrological texts.
I have a special interest in the history, philosophy and practice of ancient astrology, and my main focus at this point is on the Greco-Roman tradition of astrology known as Hellenistic Astrology. I am the former President of the Association for Young Astrologers, as well as the former Research Director of the National Council of Geocosmic Research.
The initial focus of my astrological studies for several years was in the modern western tradition of astrology, although eventually I became deeply engaged in the study of the older Hellenistic, Indian and Medieval traditions. The basis of my astrological approach at this point is largely rooted in the techniques of Hellenistic astrology, although I also draw on my background in modern astrology regularly, for example by incorporating elements such as the outer planets.
While my main area of practical interest is in the predictive aspects of astrology, I also specialize in the study of the historical and philosophical components of the subject as well, and much of my research is directed towards these areas.
I conduct consultations using a mixture of ancient and modern techniques, with a focus on timing and prediction. If you are interested in scheduling a consultation with me then please see the list of services page on this website. I also teach online courses on astrology with students from around the world. At the moment I’m in the process of completing my first book, titled Hellenistic Astrology: The Study of Fate.
- ”The Planetary Joys and the Origins of the Significations of the Houses and Triplicities,” in the International Society for Astrological Research Journal, Vol. 42, No. 1, April 2013.
- “An Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology, Part 2,” in The Mountain Astrologer Magazine, June/July, 2012.
- “An Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology, Part 1,” in The Mountain Astrologer Magazine, February/March, 2012.
- “The Astrology of Sect: The Difference Between Day and Night Charts,” in The Mountain Astrologer Magazine, December/January, 2010.
- Edited and contributed two articles to the NCGR Research Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, Summer 2010. This collection of papers was based on a seminar that I organized in February 2010 titled Moving Forward, Looking Back: Future Directions in Post-Modern Astrology. More information about it is available here.
- “The Astrology of Sect,” in the New Zealand Journal of Astrology, Spring 2009.
- “The Theoretical Rationale Underlying the Seven Hermetic Lots,” in the Tradition Journal, issue no. 2, Spring 2009.
- “The Katarche of Horary,” in the National Council for Geocosmic Research Journal, Summer 2007.
- A number of informal articles on the Horoscopic Astrology Blog.
Upcoming Lectures and Workshops
- Northwest Astrological Conference – Seattle – May 23-27, 2013.
- New York NCGR Conference – New York – June 15, 2013.
- Chicago Friends of Astrology – Chicago – Auigust 3, 2013.
- National Council for Geocosmic Research conference – Philadelphia – August 15-19, 2013.
Past Lectures and Workshops:
- Breaking Down the Borders 2 – online – November 30 – December 2, 2012.
- United Astrology Conference – New Orleans, LA – May 24-29, 2012.
- Minnesota NCGR Chapter – Minneapolis, MN – February 17 & 18, 2012.
- San Francisco Astrological Society & SF NCGR Group – November 17 & 19, 2011.
- 2012 Predictions and Perspectives panel, Golden, Colorado – October 2, 2011.
- Traditional Astrology in the 21st Century, hosted by the American Federation of Astrologers – Tempe, Arizona – September 22-24, 2011.
- Arizona Society of Astrologers – Phoenix, Arizona – June 17 & 18, 2011.
- Washington State Astrological Association – Seattle, Washington – January 13 & 15, 2011.
- International Academy of Astrology International Cyber Conference – Online – November 19-21, 2010.
- Regulus Traditional Astrology Conference – Melbourne, Australia – November 13-15, 2010.
- Astrological Society of Kentucky – Louisville, Kentucky – September 24 & 25, 2010.
- Forum On Astrology’s Internet Astrology Conference – Online – October 2, 2010.
- Rocky Mountain Astrologers – Boulder, Colorado – May 20, 2010.
- National Council of Geocosmic Research Conference in Cambridge, MA. February 25-29, 2010. I organized a pre-conference research symposium titled Moving Forward, Looking Back: Future Directions in Post-Modern Astrology. I also gave a lecture at the main conference titled Hellenistic Astrology as the Study of Fate. Click here to see a PDF of the research symposium program. Here is a PDF of abstracts from the symposium talks.
- Cosmic Astrology Association – Westmont, New Jersey – October 16-17, 2009.
- Northwest Astrological Conference – Seattle, Washington – May 2009.
- Hellenistic Astrology Retreat – Austin, Texas – February 27 – March 1, 2009.
- 25th History of Astrology Conference – London – October 25-26, 2008.
- The Astrological Lodge of London – October 27, 2008.
- The Blast Astrology Conference – Sedona, Arizona – September 16-21, 2008.
- Denver chapter of the NCGR – September 5, 2008.
- United Astrology Conference – Denver, Colorado – May 15-20, 2008.
- The Horoscopic Astrology Group – Denver, Colorado – May 4, 2008.
- Project Hindsight PHASE Conclave – Cumberland, Maryland – July 27 – August 2, 2007.
- Northwest Astrology Conference – Seattle, Washington – May 25-28, 2007.
- The Blast Astrology Conference – Sedona, Arizona – March 29 – April 2, 2007.
- NCGR Geocosmic Alchemy Conference – Baltimore, Maryland – March 8-12, 2007.
- Rocky Mountain Astrologers – Boulder, Colorado – November 2006.
- Project Hindsight PHASE Conclave – Cumberland, Maryland – August 14-20, 2006.
- Northwest Astrology Conference – Seattle, Washington – May 26-29, 2006.