The premise of natal astrology is that the nature and course of a person’s life are reflected in the alignment of the planets at the moment of their birth.
Natal astrology implies that our lives are largely written out ahead of time, with our character and the events in our lives being interwoven. Within this context, the primary purpose of this form of astrology is to study an individual’s fate.
The main tool that is used in this process is a diagram which represents the positions of the planets at the moment of the individual’s birth, commonly known as a “birth chart” or “natal chart.” Click here for an example chart.
I am not currently seeing any new clients, but I have a list of astrologers I recommend here:
My Approach to Natal Astrology Consultations
In my work I utilize a mixture of ancient and modern techniques when interpreting a natal chart. My main focus is on timing and prediction, although I also do some analysis of character traits and basic circumstances or predispositions in a person’s life as well.
A large part of my approach to a natal astrology consultation is the application of a Hellenistic time-lord technique known as Zodiacal Releasing, which is used in order to divide a person’s entire life up into different chapters and subsections, as if the life was a book and you were trying to identify some of the most important themes and sections in the narrative.
I use Zodiacal Releasing in order to provide an overview of the client’s entire life, primarily from the perspective of their career and life direction, but also with respect to other topics such as their relationships as well. This results in what is essentially a full life reading, both of the native’s future as well as their past, which can help to better contextualize events and circumstances that are happening in the present.
For more short-term concerns I utilize Annual Profections together with transits in order to get a sense for some of the events and themes that will come up over the course of the next year or so.
In my approach the purpose of delineating a birth chart is to gain a greater understanding of the life direction of the native, their strengths and weaknesses, and the time periods that are likely to be more fruitful or problematic for certain types of activity throughout the course of their life.
This information enables a person to have a more complete understanding of the inner workings of their life and the underlying patterns of fate that are built into it, and thus to engage life with a greater sense of meaning and purpose.
How Are Natal Consultations Conducted?
- Natal consultations are conducted either over the phone or through Skype.
- The consultation lasts for 75 minutes.
- I will send you an email about 15 minutes before the consultation with a copy of your birth chart, as well as some notes in PDF format.
- After the consultation is over I will send you an email with a link to download a recording of the consultation in MP3 format.
Information I Need From You
I need the following pieces of information in order to calculate your natal chart:
- Your birth date – month, day and year (e.g. May 6, 1978).
- Location of birth – i.e. the city, state and/or country.
- The exact time that you were born – The exact time of birth is extremely important when calculating and interpreting a natal chart, so this must be as close to exact as possible if you wish to receive an accurate reading. Preferably the time should be derived from your birth certificate. Please let me know the source of your birth time and how accurate you think that it is when you schedule the consultation. If you are not certain about your birth time then please let me know.
Additionally, when you first contact me please let me know what topics you would like to focus on in the consultation, or what your goal is in talking with me, that way I know what techniques to employ when preparing for the consultation.
Last modified: November 12, 2022