It has been a while since I’ve posted any updates here, so I thought that a quick recap of the past year and a half would be in order.
After that there is some information about my current projects, as well as plans for the future trips, workshops, and other things.
Recap of 2009
- My weekend long workshop on Hellenistic astrology in February went really well, and I integrated some of the recordings from it into my Hellenistic astrology course.
- I spoke at NORWAC in Seattle in late May, which is always a pleasure.
- I spent most of the summer doing research, working on my book, and working with a friend on a translation of Porphyry’s Introduction to Ptolemy’s Tetrabiblos.
- I gave a lecture and a workshop on Hellenistic astrology in New Jersey in October, and I got to meet some really nice people on the East Coast.
- The rest of the year was spent doing some historical research for my book and writing articles on my other astrology blog.
2010 so far
- The year started out with a bang with the NCGR conference in Boston in February. I organized a day-long seminar on the history and future of astrology that involved 9 speakers, and it turned out pretty well. I also gave a talk at the main conference which addressed the way I understand the philosophical foundations underlying Hellenistic astrology.
- I gave a talk in Boulder, Colorado on Hellenistic time-lord techniques in May.
- I spent most of the spring working on the historical and philosophical sections of my book.
Present and Future
- At the moment I’m in the process of editing a journal for the NCGR that contains a collection of papers from the history seminar that I organized at their conference in February. That should be out sometime later this summer. I stepped down from my position as the Research Director of the NCGR earlier this year, and my new role now is as the editor of the journal.
- Most of the summer I’m just focusing on trying to finish my book.
- I have a busy lecture schedule later this year, with talks at two online conferences in October and November, as well as a talk and a workshop for the Astrological Society of Kentucky in late September. I’m most excited about the Regulus Astrology Conference in Melbourne, Australia in November though, which I will be the keynote speaker at. It looks like it is going to be a great conference, and I’m really looking forward to the trip.
- I just got an invitation to speak at the next United Astrology Conference in New Orleans in May of 2012. I made it on to the list of the top 30 astrologers in the world that were selected to be core presenters, and so I’m very excited about that.
That is pretty much it for now. I usually post updates more regularly on my Twitter account, so it is a good idea to subscribe to that if you want to keep up on the latest stuff that I’m working on. Also, of course, the Horoscopic Astrology Blog, where I post articles sporadically.